About Me

My photo
The American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE) is the largest federal employee union representing 600,000 federal and D.C. government workers nationwide and overseas. All throughout the year, each department at the headquarters hires interns to gain experience in their intended career. This year, a Communication's intern Necole Jackson interviewed some of them about their time spent here and how AFGE was helpful to them. Check out the blog, interviews, and pictures from the 2010 Interns.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Department of Membership & Organization

The Membership and Organization Department works very hard with our members, future members, and TSA people. We have two interns here that were glad to do interviews: Daniel Dewyngaert (left) and Dewayne Jones (right).


Listen below to hear Daniel's interview about working with Transportation Security Officer's at local airports.








Here is Dewayne's interview:


Q. Tell me your Name, Age, School and Classification if you attend one?
         A. My name is DeWayne Jones. I'm 19 years old and I attend The College of Southern Maryland.

Q. What department do you work in at AFGE?
         A. I work in Membership & Organization Department, also known as M&O.

Q. What are some of the things that you deal with on a daily basis?

         A. My fellow co-working interns and I distributes articles and pamphlets at airports to pass out to Transportation Security Administrators.

Q. What are your career goals and how does AFGE help to prepare you for it?

         A. My career goal is to be an entrepreneur by becoming an investor. I would have to say AFGE doesn't really help to prepare me to succeed in my career goal, but helps me better myself.

Q. Tell me your greatest experience working at here.

         A. I really liked the traveling free to the airports three times a week and meeting and bonding with the other interns in the department I worked with.

Q. What advice would you give the next intern or hire here at AFGE?

         A. AFGE is a good, friendly environment to work. You can learn about the Union and all the benefits AFGE have to offer.